Friday, June 11, 2010

That's just how we roll

The past little bit has been a little slow in the life of the Payne duo, hence the lack of updates. Apparently we have been saving it up for one mega-super month because we've seen a lot of action the past week!
It all started last week with JR's work party. In-N-Out rented out a water park for several of it's stores and this year they happened to rent one out in Concord, CA. We decided to take advantage of the trip and grab our friends Mitch and Maria and head up the night before. On a side note, can I just say that the fact that I work with Maria and the fact that JR and Mitch both work for In N Out is quite convenient? Well it is! Anyway, we Pricelined a hotel in San Francisco and ended up staying right in the action at Fisherman's Wharf in a Courtyard by Marriott for 60 buckaroos. I know, amazing right? Priceline, you are my best friend. To bad we paid $38 for parking for the night, ridiculous. Isn't this a beauty for that cost though?


We spent half the next day walking around San Fran and enjoying all the many cool things Frisco has to offer. San Francisco is climbing my list of favorite cities. I could spend a lot of time there if given the chance!




I'm not sure what JR is doing in this next one but if he's trying to be a seal then he's failing. Turtle...maybe.


After San Fran we headed to Water World for the rest of the day where we enjoyed water slides, bingo, sun, and all you can eat In N Out. We didn't win anything again this year although JR sure thought he had Bingo at one point. He went up front to claim his prize and was shot down. Dang you B-59! Sad day...yet oh so wonderful at the same time.
Thursday was JR's birthday making him a whopping 27 now! Please give him a hard time about getting old as I get it from him every day of my life! I made him some breakfast in bed and took him to a place called John's Incredible Pizza where we gorged ourselves on pizza goodness and ice cream, got to watch some of the NBA finals, and played our selves some ski ball and such.

So funny story with this next picture, I decided that I wanted to make where we were going a surprise and I told JR I was going to blind fold him. Well, much to my great pleasure he offered to ride in the trunk instead. And he did. He really did, for like probably 20 minutes. HAHAHA! He volunteered this! Sucker! Funny stuff.




The birthday boy and his cupcakes that we were too full to eat by the time we got around to them:

JR got a GPS this year for his birthday which should come in handy for our trips in the future!

And last but not least I had my work party today so I got the day off and we went to a neighboring town and had a University of Phoenix family and friends picnic. We played softball (totally won by the way) had a great tri-tip lunch and...that's about it. Surprisingly we sat around a lot. Not sure what happened with the planning there. Still fun though!

We have one full week of normal life and then we're headed to AZ for two weeks! Hooray! What a wonderful month June is!

No comments: