For the past 2 weeks I have been at my sister's house being her slave (just kidding Emes, if that was slavery, sign me up). My sister flew me back to AZ to help her get her house organized. I sure hope she's happy with the finished product or else that was a lousy $200 spent. We organized her toy room, 2 closets, a bookshelf, a barbie basket (and believe it or not this was probably the toughest of the chores. That's what you get with 4 little girls I guess), game closet, a pantry basically throwing up crayons, kitchen counters, that's all I can remember but you get the pictures. I think we ended up with like 18 huge black garbage bags full of stuff to donate to DI. I personally believe we could have gotten rid of more but after I made my sister cry trying to get her to get rid of baby clothes I turned a little soft. It was a lot of fun just hanging out with my sister all day long. Did I mention that we made like 5 trips to Cost Plus World Market's all over the valley trying to get curtains and hung up 4 windows once we did? It's true. It was also great spending time with my other sisters and my brother and all of their rascals. I got to volunteer in one of my niece's classes. Is it sad when I don't understand the activities going on in a kindergarten classroom? At one of the "stations" the kids were supposed to put water droplets on little pieces of different types of wood and see what happens but I just don't get what was supposed to happen. I just told them to keep dropping that water on it and wandered away.
I also got to go apartment hunting! We aren't moving until June but I figured we may not get to go home before then so best to look at some now. I think I have it narrowed down to 2. So here is my hang up, they are both nice apartments and the reason I like them the best is because they both have newer appliances and what not. Well one of the places is in a nicer neighborhood but the closet in the master bedroom definitely wouldn't fit all of mine and JR's clothes. There are other matters too like not having a pantry and..that's probably it. The other place is in not as nice a neighborhood and some would even say it is touching the outskirts of little Mexico (but isn't really in it). But it's been completely renovated recently and has huge closets in both rooms and a pantry. They are both about the same cost. I think I'm leaning toward nicer neighborhood but who wants to have to keep their clothes in another room? Just some thoughts I've been tossing around.
When I flew back last night I had a layover in Salt Lake and turns out my flight was overbooked and they asked for a volunteer to stay and in return get $400 in travel vouchers. I was like "psh, heck yes!" I have always wanted to volunteer for that but there has always been something going on the next day that stopped me. No hesitation from me this time. Once I volunteered I then remembered that I had an interview the next day. Whoops. Don't worry, I got it rescheduled and everything worked out. I got put up in a Courtyard by Marriott and free food and it was totally worth it.
As far as my interview goes, I interviewed with Verizon and I think it went really well except for the part where I told them I can't work Sunday's. That may be a deal breaker. I guess we'll just have to see.
So now I am home and I was very happy to see my husband again because I missed him greatly and apparently he missed me too because I got flowers when I got home and he even saved me some of the ice cream he had bought! Now that is love! 2 weeks was a long time to be way.
Friday, February 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
sounds like you had a great trip!!! Glad you found some apartments. It's never an easy choice. Enjoy your last few months in CA!
Wow! He saved you ice cream?! I'm not sure Joseph would be able to do that!LOL. I hope you get that job at Verizon! Keep us updated :)
I am glad you had a nice trip but I am so mad that you didn't call when you were stuck in SLC!!!!!!!!!!
Yah.. amen to Cheryl! Why didn't you call me when you were in salt lake! I would have come and hung out with you! I have even been off work for the last two weeks!!!
Jenns...you forgot the part where you hung out with your good ol' buddy ELLIE and ate Costa and walked around all night, and we even learned the care bear song together!!! I know we didn't capture the event in pics but still!! I'm just kidding!! :) I am happy that we hung out tho!! It was way fun to have Jenny back in AZ!!!
I'm glad you got home safe and that was really sweet of JR, he always wins the thoughtful award tho!!! Love you!!
Sounds fun. I bet your sister appreciated the help getting organized. I'm glad you had an interview and got a travel voucher. That's awesome. Keep us posted on the job. Good luck
Sam gave up his seat once and got a voucher. It really is totally worth it if you aren't in a hurry. I am glad you got that bonus. I always hope for them to ask for any volunteers when I fly now.
that's so nice of you to help your sister! and I hope you get that job, I really hate that it's a huge issue with companies not understanding that we can't work on Sunday. Well, I really can't wait to see you and catch up with you!
oh my gosh that is a long time to be away from your hubby. I could not stay away for that long with out ryan before I stress myself out. I can't wait till you guys move back so we can hang out. Miss you lady and I say the newer the apartments. where is it at?
Post a Comment