JR is currently studying his brains out trying to prepare for his comprehensive exams next week. He's spending between 8-9 hours a day studying and has taken the past 2 weeks off of work to prepare. Pretty intense. Currently though I'm pretty sure he's playing checkers on his lap top, so he does get a little play in there every now and again. Once his comps are done he'll go on spring break, come back, have another 2 weeks of school including finals and then....he'll be DONE!!!! We've decided to move back to AZ in July and JR did send his acceptance letter in to ASU so we'll be living in the East Valley.
Last weekend I was able to go to Salt Lake to see general conference. I'm pretty sure most of the people who follow my blog are LDS but for those who may not be, General Conference is a conference (imagine that) where the Prophets, apostles, and other church leaders speak to the world giving counsel through revelation to us all. It's pretty amazing and this year my heart about burst a couple times. Being there in person is such a cool experience. I felt so much love for the Savior and felt so blessed to have a Prophet on the earth. I was able to go with the Priests and the Laurels group and although there is a lot of drama with teenagers sometimes, I had a blast with the girls! I almost felt like a teenager myself at times. Our bishop really had a jam packet agenda for us. We left Thursday afternoon around 1 pm and arrived at about 2:30 am. Being that early you'd think I'd have fallen asleep super fast but no, I tossed and turned and just as I was falling asleep I starting feeling sick to my stomach. On top of all of that I was sleeping on a quickly deflating air mattress. After about 2 hours of horrible sleep we got up for the day and headed out to temple square. We went to the church history museum, saw a concert in the Tabernacle, toured the visitors center then the humanitarian center, Joseph Smith Memorial building, church library and just when we thought we were going to die of an over booked day with too little sleep we got to go to dinner. Our bishop had challenged everyone to memorize the Proclamation to the World, the Family. Those who did he took to The Roof restaurant atop the Joseph Smith Memorial building. That proclamation was dang long but I memorized it and and so did 2 of the young women and 1 young man. It was well worth it! Such great food and such a beautiful view!
That night while the boys were at the Priesthood session the girls went shopping (duh) and out to eat. I love being married so much but sometimes I miss good old girl bonding!
Sunday we begged again for tickets (in the snow might I add. What's up with it being in the 70's and sunny on Friday and snowing and in the 30's on Sunday?) and were able to get in for the Sunday morning session and made the long trip home after that. I'm so glad that I was able to go and have so many spiritual experiences!
Also, we got a new bed
This may not be exciting to the rest of you but to JR and I it was a celebration. Going from a queen to a king is a big deal and even though I feel about a mile away from JR at night sleeping on monstro, we are really enjoying our new memory foam mattress!







4 comments:
Ah jenns, it was so good to see you. I miss you and your quirkiness (a good thing). You and Derick play off each other so well and it makes me laugh.
I am a bit confused about why you had to beg for tickets to conference. You guys brought all the youth but didn't have enough tickets??
Hopefully we will get to see each other soon, friend!
so I just realized that my comments are saying Derick. I am on his laptop and I guess he is signed into his gmail. This IS Cheryl, in case you were wondering.
YAY!!!! You're moving back to the Valley!! I'm so excited for you guys and your new bed too. Sounds like you had a great time in SLC. :)
How fun. I'm so glad you had a good time. However, I'm so sad that we're missing you by a month. I'm moving in June and you in July. It's not fair. We'll definitely have to make time to get together when we come back to visit. However, that my not be for a year or two, so don't forget me.
Post a Comment