Saturday, October 24, 2009

Lil' Bits of Life

Well what can I say, October is almost gone. One more week of Halloween festivities and then we're on to Thanksgiving. JR and I won't be going home for Thanksgiving but we are very much looking forward to Christmas time since we get to go home for 10 days! Combine the Christmas season with seeing family for the first time in 5 months and I'd say you've got a pretty good combo!
I have been enjoying all the fun things that come along with the triple holiday months. I must have spoken too soon when I said it's starting to feel like fall here though because today it was warm again and not crisp and cool at all. I really enjoyed the week when the days looked like this.

I think the part of Fresno we are in is lovely. The leaves are turning all sorts of pretty colors and I just love it! Soon enough the light fog shown will turn into thick fog and I'm not sure how I'll feel about that, but for now the light fog really makes the mornings beautiful.
I have to say people are getting pretty "creative" (and by creative I mean weird)with their Halloween decorating. Take a look at this beaut:

This is the second car I've seen this on. I can only imagine doing something like this to my own car. I'm not a big Halloween decorator but I'm really excited for our Christmas tree this year. We bought one of the nice big pre-lit trees last year after Christmas for dirt cheap and I'm looking forward to 1) not having to prop up our Christmas tree with books this year and 2) hoping every night that it'll still be standing in the morning. I even went and bought some new decorations a couple weeks ago so our new tree will not be bare. We're doing Christmas right this year! Pathetic to shop for Christmas decorations in October you say? Don't judge! So what if I love Christmas, at least the tree isn't actually up yet and I'm not blasting Christmas music. In the past I've been a big believer of waiting until December first to put up your tree and start the music but I think I may just change my mind this year and start after Thanksgiving. Yes, yes I think I will...if JR will allow it.
Anyways, back to the Holiday at hand. My mom sent me these in the mail today:

Isn't that so cute? If you can't tell from the picture those are jelly bellies basically scrap booked into sucker form. I kinda don't want to eat them because they are so cute. Getting stuff like this in the mail really makes my day. Ok, getting anything in the mail from someone other than a business who wants my money makes my day. So if you want to make my day you know what to do... Now hurry up before the post offices start getting too busy.

3 comments:

Ashley Mackay said...

Thanks mom! Thanks for Joshua Rabbit!

Heather said...

I love this time of year as well. I don't really decorate for Halloween but I sure like dressing up for it.
Christmas season here I come. Yes I have already listened to Christmas music and have partaken in the sacred drink which is egg nog.

Stephanie C. said...

I'm so proud of you for already buying your Christmas Decorations!!! I haven't been able to bring myself to do that yet. But I always look through the Christmas aisles when I'm at the store. I say good for you! Start listening to Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving. You better believe I'll be decorating my house as soon as we get back from Texas... sadly it's 3 days after Thanksgiving, but at least I can listen to the music no matter where I am :) I'm glad you love Christmas as much as I do!