Friday, November 20, 2009

SYTYCD- happy birthday me!

I finally got to use my birthday present...tickets to So You Think You Can Dance on tour. It was really good! It was quite a wait but well worth it. I think it was really well done and seeing the dances in person just made me realize why I love that show so much! For anyone who followed last season you'll know that it was Janine to won it in the end but she really wasn't featured very much in the tour which I thought was a bit strange but everyone was so good. Seeing things like that just make me want to be a dancer! I think it may be a little late for me though, what do you think? Anyways, here are some of the highlights:
This first pictures is kind of funny because since the booklets were $10 we opted out of purchasing one but JR grabbed a lady who had just bought one and asked if we could take a picture with it. Turns out that this lady happened to be the aunt of Jason, one of the dancers who was from Fresno. Oh trust me, Fresno made a big fuss out of Jason! Once we found out she was the aunt we were hoping she would be charmed by us and invite us backstage with her. She didn't. Perhaps it was he expression on my face that did her in.


This next one is a dance all about a guys obsession with this girl's butt. Oh the funny concepts they come up with. I love when the dances have stories behind them. Most of the dances on SYTYCD have stories.

The oh same famous local Jason being welcomed by his home town:






Probably my favorite dance was about addictions. The guy in the dance below portrayed the girl's addiction. It was really well done. If you've never watched it before you should look it up on youtube or something...if you like dance anyways. If you don't like dance then you probably hate this whole post. It's ok though because I still love it...and still want to be a dance superstar.
I'm so glad JR thought to get me tickets to this. So much fun!

6 comments:

Rustino Scar said...

Dear Jenn-nay,
Please record a video of you dancing and post it on your blog. Be sure to include at least three costume changes and 5 different genre of musics in the video. Also, please add in a bit of clogging. I'm thinking that aybe all you need is a little bit of encouragement from your fan base to give that extra boost of confidence to pursue your dreams of dancing.

Heather said...

so sad that I didn't get tickets for my birthday. : (
I wanted to go so badly.
I'm pretty sure they have already came and went to AZ.
By the second time I looked up tickets to buy them they were all sold out.
I'm glad you went but am super super jealous.

Anonymous said...

Man, you guys are some crazy partiers. You will be glad you did so many fun crazy things when you have kids... when is that btw... totally just kidding!

Jen said...

love that show, too, Jenny!!! And I also wish that I was a dancer whenever I watch it! I love that Addiction dance.. I Youtube it all the time. I also liked the Vampire one. I thought that blond girl should have one. For some reason I can't think of her name.. weird. Anyway, how fun!!! Maybe you could have JR make a list of creative things he is planning for you and have him send them to Derald. Good job, JR!!!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUH-LEESE let's quit our jobs and go on tour with SYTYCD!! I would leave in a hearbeat! That show really is so amazing and I'm still jeal that you got to go but so happy for you too! :) You deserved a wonderful bday! Love ya Jenny Dancing Star who Twirls!

Lindsey said...

Happy birthday! It sounds like you guys are liking fresno?

I love SYTYCD. Chris and I have been to a couple of tapings and it is a lot of fun. Even though Chris usually ends up looking like a pedophile in a sea of eccentric 14 yr old girls.

"Perhaps it was he expression on my face that did her in" LOL