Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rendezvous with spontaneity

For all of those boring non-eventful weekends (much like the one I'm currently in) I'm going to venture to say that we made up for quite a few of them last weekend. It all started Friday night when we partied the night away at a company party. And when I say we partied what I really mean is we got to watch drunk colleagues all night. There is just something oh so special about watching your manager out on the dance floor getting semi freaky with your director. Good times. Considering the party was at a Casino, where we don't gamble, with alcohol as the main entertainment, which we don't drink, we had a pretty good time. It was 50's themed so the party started off with an Elvis impersonator. Elvis was followed by steak and shrimp for dinner which was then followed by dancing and casino wandering. I'd like to give a shout out to the old man on the dance floor who kept raising the roof all night. Now that is entertainment at it's prime!



Our plan for Labor Day was to drive up to Yosemite with our friends Mitch and Maria to go ice skating. The storm we were having though made it apparent that Yosemite was probably not going to be a good idea. Sunday night we all had a pow wow at our place to try to come up with an alternative Monday plan so that our free day was not wasted. Around 10:30 pm the travel bug bit me hard and I had an epiphany to pack up our bags and head to Hollywood. Amazingly, everyone was on board so we did just that, we packed our bags and headed out calling hotels on our way. We checked in around 3 am. After a few short hours of sleep we hit up some pamplets in the hotel lobby and quickly planned our day. Unfortunatly the storm that was up in Northern California was also raging in So Cal. It slowed us down a bit and wet pants and soggy shoes are not ideal but we still got in some sites. I think I'd like to get the non-rainy Hollywood experience some day but for now it was an awesome trip and it felt great to be a little spontaneous!










And how nice of the sun to finally come out for this next

picture just in time for us to look ridiculous.



And today I have locked myself in my apartment all day in an attempt to get over a cold I have had since before Christmas. It's been teasing me for so long now coming and starting to go and then coming back again. Well it's the worst it's been now and I just may cough up my right lung by the end of the night. Perhaps my day out in the rain was not the best for my recovery? Oh well, it was totally worth it!

5 comments:

Kari said...

Boy oh boy, the life without kiddos. I am a little envious. Except for Labor Day is in September. I am pretty sure you meant Presidents day. Glad you guys are having fun in Cali.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Man, that 50s costume you bought has sure come in handy! That's gotta be one of your better purchases ever. But, I don't think it's quite complete without the wig.

Sara said...

What a fun trip! I second Kari - life without kids was definitely more spontaneous. That's quite the Elvis, too... Hope you get over your cold!

Derek & Kellyn said...

I wish we knew you guys pre-kids. I bet we would have had so much fun together. It just kills me seeing you on crazy adventures with other couples. BOOO!! We miss you guys!!

Nicole said...

How fun! Everyone needs a little spontaneity every once in a while. Mine, however, usually consists of not knowing when I'm going to have to change a poopy diaper. Glad you had fun, rain and all!