Friday, February 19, 2010

We Live!

And live well! I haven't had much of a creative drive to keep up the blog on day to day activities lately but we have had a bit of excitement lately with Valentines Day and Presidents Day(yes, I did just say Presidents Day was exciting). Having the combo of the two made for a really great weekend o' fun! We ended up having 3 days of Valentines festivities. Day one, Saturday: JR gets up bright and early while I remain passed out in bed. When I finally stumbled out of our bedroom I find this:


Well I did "think about it" but was a good girl and headed back into the bedroom. After quite some time in solitude, JR finally made his way back to the bedroom with German Pancakes and chocolate milk. I was impressed. Then the big guns came out. German Pancakes were just the appetizer apparently because JR had been slaving away on home made cinnamon rolls and man were they perfect! I'm married to such a sweet man. He probably spent about 3 hours in that kitchen then had to turn around and spend most of his day at work. Day two: Sunday after church I came home and found this:

Leading to these:

Again with the sweetness! Don't worry, I did do something for him as well. It was my turn to lock him in the bedroom while I slaved away in the kitchen. The outcome? Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada's and gooey brownie Sundae's. Day 3: Monday, we got our night out on the town and went to the Cheesecake Factory. I went a little adventurous with my cheesecake that night and ordered the Banana Cream Cheesecake and was not displeased. No, no, not displeased at all.

We also got to experience another 1st when we went to Yosemite to go ice skating on Monday. We have been wanting to go since we moved to Fresno and it was such a beautiful place. I'm so glad we got an extra day off to go spend some time outdoors.
The above picture is of a mountain called Half Dome

There was a fire pit right by the ice skating rink so we BBQ'd ourselves some S'mores.


We ice skated for about an hour and JR kept complaining about how uncomfortable his feet were skating around. It wasn't until we were done that we found out why:

That's not good.

3 comments:

Heather said...

you really do seem like you are having a ton of fun in California! I am a little jealous i have to say.
Good for the two of you to go and be adventurous.

Sunny Biggs said...

oh he is so sweet! it does look like you guys had lots of fun that weekend. smors sounds sooo good right now!

Ginger said...

Oh how fun. You both are so good to celebrate like that.

I absolutely love the banana cream cheesecake there!! I just tried it a few months ago and am so glad I did. This is really making me want to go and pick up some tonight. I think I might have to.