Well, it finally happened. Last night at Young Women's I got mistaken for one of my girls. We got a new girl in Young Women's and she was there last night with one of her old leaders. As I was walking down the hall with them I asked the new girl if she could remind me of her name. The leader then asked me my name and when I responded with Sister Payne it threw her off and she was like "Oh, you're a leader? I thought you were one of the young women!" It's funny that I used to get annoyed when people told me I looked young. Not that I'm old yet but it gives me hope that I'll look good for my age when I do get old.
Then today at work I was standing out in the foyer handing out cupcakes to students and one of them walks up to me as if she were going to ask a question but then turned and walked away. I called her back and asked if she had a question and she said "I was going to ask you if you had a lighter but you don't look like the type who smokes". I'm not sure how one determine what someone who smokes looks like but I'm glad I don't have "the look"!
I'll take/make up compliments anywhere I can get them. ha ha!
On a side note, we're headed off to our 2 year anniversary trip tomorrow, woo hoo!!!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Hahaha Being in YW that's happened to me more then once! Even when I was pregnant! LOl I feel the exact same way!!
Ha ha I get the same thing Jenny. When I was at girls camp a couple years ago many of our girls were taller than me. The Stake always came over asking where our leaders were. I guess they kept thinking that the leaders kept abandoning the girls even though we were there the whole time. They even asked me what clinic I was supposed to be attending. Like I was a beehive or something. I'm learning to embrace it too as a compliment.
That happens to my sister alot! You give off such a young-spirited sweet aura it's bound throw off anyone to be unsure of your age! miss you, I wish I could've met your hubby before you moved :(
Seems like it all goes back to our 12 year camping pic we always kept on the fridge! Rememb how many ppl we tricked into thinking that we took that at girl's camp? Where did that picture go anyways??
Post a Comment