Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bring your Parents to Fresno Day

We finally had some family visitors last week! My brother in law TJ was in town for a day for work so we had a nice little dinner together and then over the weekend my parents came to stay for a bit. I am so thankful for my parents taking time out to drive to Fresno. The 4 nights on an air mattress were totally worth it! You see, I'm the only one in my family without children so my house is usually not the one that people come visit. Apparently JR and I are boring as just a pair. It was nice to know that we are loved even without children. jk. I was a little worried that they'd be super bored, and perhaps they were (well at least my dad probably was since he wasn't allowed to golf) but it was a very nice visit. We got to watch conference together, which was really wonderful by the way, and that took up a lot of our time so we really didn't get a chance to do a whole lot. It made me realize how much I miss just hanging out with my mom. I just love her and look up to her so much in so many ways. I just want her around all the time! And JR and I had several good laughs over my dad's quirky habits. Gotta love the Pops and his uniqueness! I thought for sure that when my dad saw the Sizzler across the street that we'd be eating there every night but turns out he's moved on. He has not moved on from his random assortment of things he has to have near him at all times though. For example my dad brought with him a bag with the following items in it: Bananas, Claritin D, Coke Zero, Frito Dips, and who knows what else was buried in there.
Proof:


When he unloaded his pockets at night this is honestly what we found:

How can that be comfortable to carry around all day? Wow. My Pops is awesome.

It was a sad day for me when they left but I'm so happy that we got to see them for a bit. Love you guys! Come again soon!

No comments: