Monday, July 19, 2010

36 hours and nothing to do

I realized this past week that I still have 36 hours of vacation time to burn through before September when I will then lose it. Every year working at the University of Phoenix I have taken FULL advantage of all of my vacation time (and then some). I can't take any vacation time in August either so I basically have a week and a half to use this but we have nothing planned. I'm thinking a short weekend trip somewhere will be fun but I'm not sure we can pull it off with JR's work. So, what do you all suggest I do with my 36 hours?

7 comments:

Kari said...

Read a really good book, or 2. Work out. Go to some museums. Paint Pottery. Learn a new skill, like quilting. I'll keep thinking of more. Either way, take the time off, since you earned it, and you lose it if you don't.

Derek & Kellyn said...

Come see the Carpenters!!

Heather said...

I say come and meet me at Disneyland on the 17th of September. We could celebrate your birthday early!!!

Cheryl said...

I am sure that you want to go somewhere, so you should come to Utah. That's what I suggest. I have NOTHING to do during the days.
BUT, if you don't get to go anywhere, then you should for sure still take it and just stay home and be crafty or something. Find a project that you have always wanted to do, or find something new and do it!
That's what I wish I could do.

Sunny Biggs said...

Kari mentioned learning a new skill. I like that one. Find something that you have not done and master it. or you can be crafty like scrapbooking or something. make something awesome for your apartment.

Stephanie C. said...

Just take the week off and stay home! Catch up on things you keep putting off (at least I know I keep putting stuff off!)

Terina said...

make it a you weekend! Got to the spa, take your self to a movie, go to lunch, read a book, go somewhere you've never been before, in your city, have long talks on the phone with old friends, stay in your pajamas all day and eat ice cream for breakfast! It's limitless, use your immagination!