So no more vacation for us for awhile. :( I'm really happy we got to get out one more time though this summer. Here's to a the upcoming month of hard work!
Friday, July 30, 2010
And the winner was...
Thanks to everyone and their ideas for what to do with my vacation time. We actually decided to go on a small trip after all so we went to the Central Coast again and had a nice relaxing couple of days. We hung out at Avila Beach, walked around Pismo, did some shopping at the outlets, and actually saw two movies, Salt and Inception at the drive in theatre. On our last day we drove up to Morro Bay...eh...it was ok. I don't think Morro Bay was our favorite but now we know.
We came home pretty fried from our day at the beach. We brought sunscreen with us but totally forgot it at the hotel so ended up going without. JR and the sun=enemies. Even I got sunburned so you can only imagine what my whitey husband looks like right now.
I'm trying to get JR to grow his hair out and try something new. He's been doing really well and has been patient. What do you guys think of the new hair?
For those of you who read our anniversary post you'll remember that JR chickened out of eating chocolate covered bugs. Well he was dead set on redeeming himself this time around so bought a nice dried out scorpion and ate it all up. He even went without the chocolate coating to show what a man he is. Apparently it didn't taste like anything.

There is this ice cream shop in Arroyo Grande that makes ice cream in the store and you can watch and they do shows and such. We didn't get to see anything since we were running late for our movie but I bet it would have been cool if we had. The ice cream was good but maybe spending $4 on a single scoop of ice cream is a little absurd.
Morro Bay...and another good shot of JR's hair. I think it looks great! He still thinks it looks like bed head.




So no more vacation for us for awhile. :( I'm really happy we got to get out one more time though this summer. Here's to a the upcoming month of hard work!
So no more vacation for us for awhile. :( I'm really happy we got to get out one more time though this summer. Here's to a the upcoming month of hard work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Ummm...I like the chunky man in the background of the picture of you on the beach. Nice. The things that end up in pictures, right?
Well, we both have whitey husbands. Derick came home burned from our vaca too. ha.
Approve of the hair but totally freaked out by the scorpion. Not sure if I can be friends with JR anymore... ;-)
Eating the Scorpion is SO JR! I was surprised when he wouldn't do it before, and with Chocolate no less! I'm glad he redeemed himself!! Also, JR looks so burnt in that close up of his hair and eyes!! Poor guy!
My husband also thinks that anything other than a missionary comb to the side looks "messy". If I try to spike Arthur's hair or give him a faux hawk, he's all, "He's not that kind of kid." and combs it. I love your hair, JR! Keep it up!!! (You still look righteous even!)
YES, YES, YES...love JR's hair!! He must keep it that way...you know I am a sucker for spikey hair though. Don't let him cut it!
Jeff's hair grows super fast and sometimes when I am lucky he will let me put it in a faux hawk and he looks HOT, it's not very often when this happens tho cause he usually pats it down. GO JR!! :)
Okay, no way with the scorpion. I will have nightmares for weeks, Jens! Ahhhhhhh! And I like JR's new do. I should have asked how JR's hair was doing last time we talked. How inconsiderate of me!
JR is crazzzy! I could never eat a scorpian, let alone any bug! props to him! I LOVE Pismo beach and Morro Bay!!! I hope to go there on vacation too somtime soon! My husband didn't have the best experience in the ocean, but who says he can't enjoy just looking at it?
p.s. miss ya girl!
Post a Comment