Thursday, September 23, 2010

Name that celebrity



Anyone? Anyone? It's Marie Osmond! A couple weeks ago one of our corporate liaison's at work asked if I wanted to go to the California Central Valley Women's conference. Considering it was a $90 ticket for free and more importantly that I would get out of work and still get paid I jumped at the chance! It turned out to be pretty cool and I got a lot of free stuff from the vendors there. There were tons of booths set up and I got some real treasures like chip clips, a cup, a cutting board, more chip clips, etc. And man did those chip clips come right in time since we just broke our last little one. Anyways, they also had several different sessions you could attend. I went to one put on by Macy's where they talked about being a fashionista this fall. I'm pretty sure I can't afford to be a fashionista their way though since their models shoes alone were like $300. It was fun to go to though. Marie Osmond comes in to play as the keynote speaker at lunch. She did a good job, quite entertaining if I do say so myself. I guess I never realized how crazy her life has been. Anyway, she talked about being an empowered woman and what not. It was a women's conference after all. She mentioned a lot about her faith in God which I thought was really cool and brave considering so many people these days apparently hate when people "force" their religion on them. I was going to go to more of the sessions but I ended up sitting with my work friends at their booth and people watching. Man, what a rough day at work!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

ha. nice. gotta love those days when you can get paid and do something else.

Cheryl said...

Jenns, we accidentally deleted our blog. Sucks.
Anyway, our new one is dcmaggardfam@blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

Ooops...I mean dcmaggardfam.blogspot

Heather said...

sounds like fun. I can't wait to hear about all of your birthday adventures