I'm getting older that is what is happening. I had my 29th birthday a couple weeks ago. Do you know what this means? It means that I'm knocking down the door of 30. What? I just can't believe that's possible. Well at least I have a wonderful husband who, although he makes it known to me all too frequently that I am getting old, is super sweet and always makes my birthday special. This year the tradition of breakfast in bed continued although with a twist, this year I got IHOP in bed! Haha, awesome! I got bacon, eggs, hash browns, and then I knew it was from IHOP when the plate of pancakes with strawberries, whip cream and cheesecake bits was brought in. JR took off for a bit and I got some flowers and chocolates delivered to our place. There was no name on the card attached and I didn't think JR would get flowers delivered. When he gets me flowers he picks them up himself. So I spent a good part of the day trying to figure out who in the world sent me this wonderful gift. I was starting to think that someone wasn't going to get a proper thank you. I finally figured out it was from my sister Lyndee though. Thanks Lyndee (if you ever read this). I haven't been send flowers in many years and never with chocolates attached, double whammy!
Later in the day we went to Jamba Juice and just sat outside and enjoyed the nice day. Then we went to a couple of stores looking for something to spend my birthday money on from my mom. One blue ruffly cardigan later we wrapped up shopping. He took me to this new Chinese place for dinner that we had never tried which turned out to be quite good. My favorite part of dinner though was when the table next to us was having the waiter take pictures of them and we happened to be in the background so every time a picture was taken JR popped his head in there and made some sort of expression. Pretty amusing all in itself but when the people were reviewing their pictures I heard one of the guys say "That's a great picture of the guy behind us, might as well call him part of the family!" Hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing at that. Perhaps you had to be there. After dinner we headed over to Marie Callender’s where I got to pick out my own birthday pie, yum! Then we headed home where JR grabbed some pillows and a blanket and set up shop on a grassy hill in our complex where we laid and looked up at what stars we could see in the middle of the city. He was very clever during this next part as he presented me by birthday present. As we were laying there he was all “I want you to listen to something” He pulled out some earphones and started playing some of my favorite songs. I thought he had put them on his MP3 player but when he said “I bought these songs for you” I was thrown off a bit. It was then that he pulled out my new iPod touch! What an awesome present! I have been playing with it ever since. I’ve spent many a night uploading songs from old CD’s and finding cool apps to put on there. If anyone has some suggestions on cool apps, please share. I am new this the iPod world. It was a great birthday!
Later in the day we went to Jamba Juice and just sat outside and enjoyed the nice day. Then we went to a couple of stores looking for something to spend my birthday money on from my mom. One blue ruffly cardigan later we wrapped up shopping. He took me to this new Chinese place for dinner that we had never tried which turned out to be quite good. My favorite part of dinner though was when the table next to us was having the waiter take pictures of them and we happened to be in the background so every time a picture was taken JR popped his head in there and made some sort of expression. Pretty amusing all in itself but when the people were reviewing their pictures I heard one of the guys say "That's a great picture of the guy behind us, might as well call him part of the family!" Hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing at that. Perhaps you had to be there. After dinner we headed over to Marie Callender’s where I got to pick out my own birthday pie, yum! Then we headed home where JR grabbed some pillows and a blanket and set up shop on a grassy hill in our complex where we laid and looked up at what stars we could see in the middle of the city. He was very clever during this next part as he presented me by birthday present. As we were laying there he was all “I want you to listen to something” He pulled out some earphones and started playing some of my favorite songs. I thought he had put them on his MP3 player but when he said “I bought these songs for you” I was thrown off a bit. It was then that he pulled out my new iPod touch! What an awesome present! I have been playing with it ever since. I’ve spent many a night uploading songs from old CD’s and finding cool apps to put on there. If anyone has some suggestions on cool apps, please share. I am new this the iPod world. It was a great birthday!
On a side note:
This post made possible by Pacific Gas and Electric who messed up the Electric line at work and gave me 2 hours off in the middle of the day. Man I love when things like that happen and I get surprise time off...even if it is 2 hours. I hope the electricity is still off when I get back.



6 comments:
Happy Birthday, Jenny. boy you sure are getting old. I always get a little jealous when I read about all the fabulous things that your hubby does for you. You really picked a sweet guy.
Happy Birthday cousin! Cheryl and I sure miss you. There are three apps that are must haves, Mangia (the company I work for), Words with Friends (be sure to play with Cheryl) and Angry Birds. Enjoy!!!
Happy Birthday. I'm so sorry I didn't call this year. I actually thought of you a few days before and was planning on it, but then I had a baby and completely spaced it. Please forgive me. I love you more than anything, so I hope you don't think you're no longer special to me. I'm so glad it was a great day, and that you have a husband that goes all out for you. What a sweetheart. I miss you like crazy. Hopefully we'll see you at Christmas. Love ya!
Glad you had a good birthday!! I will never forget the birthday when we were roommates and Quinn gave you that toilet seat. I always love reading your blog!!
Jenny, I guess we really don't have to share clothes anymore cause I have that yellow shirt you are wearing in the last pic!!! It's from Targ right?? Ha ha ha....my sister said I look like Polyanna when I wear it. So funny!! Yay for the ipod and for your cute hubby spoiling you on your special day. Good thing you get to celebrate your bday again in Oct w/ my bday present huh...it will be coming... Happy Birthday Jenny Bo Benny!
Happy {late} Birthday Jenny! I really miss you! I'm glad you had such a fun birthday! JR is too sweet! I'm so old school, I like my CD's, I'm so behind on technology, hah!
Post a Comment