Today we had another milestone in our lives. 2 in a row has got to be some sort of a record. This milestone may be even more exciting to me than paying off our car. Here is the background. When JR and I started dating I couldn't help but notice that his church shoes were pretty worn. Come to find out that they were his mission shoes. Yep, that's 2 years of hard core missionary wear plus 6 extra years of regular wear (Wow JR you are old). So for the past 3+ years I have been trying and trying with all my might to convince JR to get new church shoes. But alas, the bond between them was too strong and he wouldn't budge. He just loves those shoes so much. Well today my friends, my bickering paid off. That's right, today JR took me on our date to Macy's where he picked out some new shoes. What a phenomenal date! And so without further adieu and with probably a little too much glee I say goodbye to you mission shoes:


And HELLO to you:

JR has admitted that the mission shoes will remain in his closest for at least 2 months while the separation anxiety dies down. If I come home from work one day with him caressing those shoes I will be a little worried...but maybe not all that surprised.
3 comments:
Those shoes were way over due. Way to bite the bullet and upgrade!!!
ha ha congrats! I know how you feel....Brenden still has a white shirt from his mission that he still wears. Thankfully it doesn't have any holes or anything which is impressive....he left on his mission 13 years ago! Wow - now THAT'S old!! :)
haha! it's so funny how there seems to be something they never stop wearing or let go of! Taylor had wore same belt since 7th grade when we met, he knew it was falling apart and didn't have seperation anxiety luckily! hah! Good job helping him move on! good for you too JR!
Post a Comment