Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Life as I know it

Life these days is quite different. I can't figure out if it's in a good way or not. I think it is but then I feel bad thinking it's better because the truth of the matter is that I don't do much and admitting that my life is better being unemployed makes me feel super lazy. My day's these days go something like this:
Wake up between 10:30 and 11 (Seriously. Should I not admit this?) Do my daily scripture study. Get on the computer and check my email, facebook, blogs etc. Search for some jobs, maybe submit a resume if something catches me eye. Decide I better actually get ready for the day even though I probably won't be going anywhere. Get ready with TLC or HGTV on. Get on the computer again. Maybe run some errands if I'm lucky enough to have some. Get on the computer again. Perhaps JR is home by this times so I get someone to hang out with, watch a little TV. Prepare dinner if JR is lucky, and so on and so forth. The only days I have actual commitments are Wednesday's for mutual and Sunday's for church. Having a job just makes life so much more structured which I think is healthy. I don't want to become a lazy person so I hope I can find something soon even though I'm enjoying my days of nothing.
So that's that. In other news, JR starts school next week and it's his last semester. Hooray! And then...more school. He submitted his application to ASU a couple weeks ago for their counseling program and whether or not he gets in our next plan is to move back to AZ. I've already started apartment searching online even though we wont be moving until May or June. Any AZ friends out there have suggestions for apartments in the East Mesa/Gilbert area?
Oh, also, I'm coming back to AZ next week for a couple of weeks. My sister was wanting some help organizing her house so I volunteered and next thing I knew we had a flight booked for the 20th. I'm really excited but am going to miss my man for 2 whole weeks. Yikes, that's a long time.
Well, it's 1:15. Perhaps I better get ready.

3 comments:

Terina said...

Sounds a lot like my days only add in chasing a 1 yr old. I miss working some times too, less more recently though. We live in east mesa and LOVE LOVE LOVE our ward! I know there are always homes for rent in my neighborhood, or there is a brand new apartment complex right next door. Msg me on fb if you want more info

Travis and Britni said...

I envy your life right now. The luxury of sleeping in alone makes me jealous:) I love my kiddos, but I would really like to have one morning where I wake up on my own:) It was so great to see you over Christmas!

Ginger said...

You should just take advantage of that time. It won't last forever. Why not spoil yourself while you can? I used to be in the same boat and felt guilty but knew I would be doing for years at a time so it was okay to just take a break and relax. Enjoy!