Saturday, January 1, 2011

Has it really been this long?

Don't worry everyone, I'm still alive. Somehow being unemployed has turned out to be a pretty busy profession. I'm foreseeing a slow down now though since our trip home to AZ is officially over. Next time we go home it'll be in a moving van! That's a pretty exciting thought to me. Not that I haven't loved my time in Fresno but going home these past couple of weeks reminded me how much I miss being around my family. And I know I say that every time I see family so I know it must be true. By the way, Happy New Year everyone! Can you believe it's 2011?
Our trip home was a wonderful and crazy busy 16 days of travel and I like to think we got a lot of people in. I never get everyone in that I want to though so for those AZ friends who might be reading this, I'm sorry if we didn't get to see you but it doesn't mean we love you any less! We'll be home soon.
Christmas day this year was spent at JR's mom's house and was very pleasant. I got a lot of accessories for my Ipod and JR got a new razor which he didn't use because he didn't shave a single day on our trip. All I have to say about that is blah to beards. May he never grow one again. We got some other stuff too which I won't bore you with. Our trip to Prescott came with snow! That was an unexpected little gift. We were snowed in for a couple days and weren't sure we were going to get home on time for JR to work yesterday but we did make it. Although I didn't go out and play in the snow (due to an oncoming cold) it was so nice to even just watch it from the window. JR came in handy to my parents this year when it came to the snow.




Trying to dig our car out after all that snow was quite the ordeal.

We got home yesterday just in time for JR to leave for work where he stayed until about 2:30 am. What a crazy day for him. I on the other hand got to ring in the New Year with good friends playing Just Dance and eating breakfast. JR says he was glad to work though because now he has to be my "Sugar Daddy". Haha! I suppose I'd been the Sugar Mama for quite some time so we'll see how the roll reversal goes. Now it's back to days of searching for work. Soon enough my busy work will run out and I'm going to be super bored. Until then or until I get a job I'll just try to enjoy my free time. I hope everyone had an amazing Holiday season!

3 comments:

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Although JR doesn't like to smile in pics I do love the faces he makes, the one of him in the snow is so funny!!! I'm so very sorry for my illness and that we could not meet up at Costa Jenns!! I'm so sad that I missed out on seeing you and Cherylee but it is nice that you will be moving back to AZ soon.

Please still move to ASU East, it's so cheap and there is an open house right next door to us. Happy Holidays! LOVE YOU!

Ginger said...

It has been really long for me since I have updated too so that is okay. I am glad that you get a break from work. It gets really old fast. I can't believe you guys are almost done in Fresno.

Sher said...

He looks like he's quite entertaining to watch in the snow! haha! I know whatcha mean about beards, my husband is attached to his. I don't mind it, but I like him best with just a goatee. That's great you're comin' back to AZ, and hope to get together! Thanks for your sweet comment. You and JR are an adorable couple! xo