He sent me off with our GPS where he had programed in the place where I was to go and pick up dinner. I had no idea where I was going and my only instructions were to follow the GPS and he gave me a letter to open once I arrived at the address (so full of surprises this one). While I was gone picking up dinner he was busy putting his masterpiece together.
I came home to our apartment being transformed into a Carnival. I walk in the door and am greeted with a house decorated with streamers, helium balloons, and several activity stations. He had popped some kettle korn and handed me a my own little popcorn container and sat me down at the first station where we painted each others faces. Then we had a balloon animal making contest. After the balloons we went around to each station starting with pin the tail on the donkey, then the milk bottle stack, bean bag toss, and Bozo's grand prize game (where you toss a ping pong ball into a container ). The winner of each station got a prize (JR won every game by the way, hmmmm...practice much while I was getting dinner?) He shared the prizes though, don't worry. After we had finished all the activities we made deep fried twinkies and oreos (recipes here and here).
Isn't he just Mr. Creative pants? He had thought of everything. It was a lot of fun and I would highly recommend it to others as a great date night idea.
Do you like that I painted JR as a kitty kitty? Not sure what I am but...I have a mustache.
My balloon pig
Crazy balloon hat
Notice the bottle toss made from propel bottles and tennis balls
Bean bag toss
Grand Prize Game/ping pong toss (why is there so much tossing at carnivals?)
The Carnie life is the life for us...as long as we get to keep our teeth...and don't actually have to work at a carnival because that would stink.



5 comments:
That is SO creative! Go JR! Jenny - seriously, you need to submit that to the Dating Divas. Have you ever heard of them? They're a bunch of girls (I think most of them are LDS actually) that post ideas for date nights and stuff. That's all they do on their blog. Anyway sometimes they have guest posts from readers who have awesome date night ideas. Seriously. Submit it! It's www.thedatingdivas.com if you want to look at it more before you do so. (And even if you don't submit your date night, you can get some awesome ideas on there for next time when it's your turn and you can't think of anything to do). That is so fun! :)
You two are so cute! I am so impressed with your husband's creativity! Wish we lived closer to you guys.
This looks like so much fun! I am sad that you live so far away. Also, I think I would have gotten hung up on the face painting station.
will you PLEASE tell J.R. to make a dating idea for dummies blog!? my husband is always saying he doesn't know what to do for a fun cheap date.
You guys are so RAD. I know nobody really uses that anymore, but seriously. I just want to hang out with you because it always sounds like you are doing the funnest stuff and have the greatest ideas. Welcome back to AZ (although I'm not there:)
Post a Comment