Thursday, August 21, 2008

Awkward

Every day I take the stairwell to the 4th floor of my office building. Good for me right? Get that heart pumping before work. The physical assertion of climbing is not the only thing about the stairwell that gets my heart pumping though. Slowly climbing my awkward list are stair runners. I hate when I'm plotting along up the stairs and I hear someone enter the stairwell from another level, silence for a couple seconds and then I just hear them start running. It freaks me out and makes me feel like they are running after me, so the anticipation of when I'm going to meet this mystery stair runner really gets to me. Then a whole new awkwardness arrives if they are coming up behind you and suddenly you feel like you have to start running too or else you'll slow them down. The worst is when they stop their run and follow you up the rest of the way. Just pass me already! I won't be offended and in fact I'll feel much better with you out of the stairwell creepy stair runner! It's almost not worth taking the stairs. Why don't you just slowly climb the stairs like normal people?

4 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

ha ha Jenny you crack me up!

Jen said...

Jenny, we're so alike sometimes.. it's scary. It's like reading my own thoughts. That's so weird..
Anyway, I wanted to let you kids know that our url has changed! it is now:
deraldandjen@blogspot.com
Love ya!
Jen and Derald

Jen said...

K. I typed that wrong. it's deraldandjen.blogspot.com Sheash!

Heather said...

i am dying laughing