Does anyone else have a million friends getting married right now? Seriously, this past year has been out of control with weddings. We have had wedding receptions for the past 3 weeks straight and this weekend we have one Friday and one Saturday. Can I have my life back please? JK. One of my old roommates Amber tied the knot last week. She is the cutest girl and when she moved in with me fresh out of high school and stated that she was going to go on a mission I knew that she would never last that long. Sure enough... We had her bridal shower and the classic toilet paper wedding dresses was the result.
It all makes sense now why married people start making married friends...so they don't have to go to any more receptions! I'm half joking, I actually like them but enough is enough!
Last Friday at work we had a team builder. This is where my team here at the University of Phoenix gets to go out somewhere and do fun things. I love team builder days. This particular day we decided to go to Dave and Busters. I had never been there before but it was a lot of fun. For those of you who don't know what a Dave and Busters is, it's basically a chuck-e-cheese for adults, and surprisingly upscale. It was a really nice place. They have a regular restaurant with good food that doesn't include pizza or hot dogs or even nachos! I'm talkin, I had Parmesan crusted chicken alfredo. After lunch we got game cards and played the games.
These games ranged from video games to basketball and ski-ball and things of that nature. You even got tickets and could go and get a prize afterwards. I have to admit that most of the prizes I would never want in my house so I just picked out some candies to give to my nieces and nephews. It was a lot of fun and I would recommend it to others although it is a bit pricey. We were lucky to find a couple of coupons online for extra games so that helped a lot. 
Last week we were also able to meet up with my old "gang". One of my friends got accepted to a dental hygiene school in Connecticut so we had a good bye dinner. It was fun to see everyone again. I really miss all the girls. We had a fun group. Single days had it's perks because of these girls. About half of us are married by now. Pretty crazy to think how much things have changed since ever a year ago.



3 comments:
Fun times. I miss the girls too. :-(
I am so glad you put all of those random posts on...I have a comment on all three...first of all I know what you mean about weddings. Tyler and I went to 2 weddings and 2 receptions on the same day last week! It is so nice being married and I can't believe how much things have changed. It was fun to see all of the girls. Did Ellie get bangs? They are super cute. Also...we love Dave and Busters! It really is nice and a lot of fun! Well I hope all is well with you guys!
Hello miss Jenny Payne!! Its me Erin Turner well Kennedy now. I got your blog from Jennifer and wanted to give you ours. We would love to keep you posted on our life as we want to see all the fun things you are up to.
http://gekennedy.blogspot.com
Post a Comment