Sunday, August 23, 2009

A San Francisco Treat

This weekend JR and I decided we'd go explore California a little bit so we got on Priceline and booked ourselves a hotel in San Francisco. Friday after work we headed out. It was a pretty phenomenal weekend to tell you the truth. Friday we got there pretty late but we still went out and just walked around until like midnight. San Francisco is just a really cool place. Neither of us had been there...well I did a drive through and a stop at the Golden Gate bridge in high school but I don't really count it. I love the New York City feel that it has to it and the Fisherman's wharf area was so entertaining. I love street performers, I love public transportation, I love the ocean, I love crowds, I love down town areas and window shopping, I love cool architecture, I love delicious treats, I love hanging out with my husband...now imagine all of that in the space of about 30 hours. It was short and sweet but it calmed my travel itch...at least for now. We got home last night around 2:30 am. I'm sunburned and tired but it was all so worth it.

Lucky for all of you we went out and bought a new camera so we could take pictures. I still have no idea what happened to our old one. Things like that make me so mad!

In no particular order:

Below is the first thing I saw before walking into the hotel I had booked on Priceline. Sometimes you just never know what you're gonna get. In this case our hotel was errr....


I guess we'll see if we regret it if our future children come out as mutants.

Why hello old lady room
View from Ghirardelli Square

If I lived in San Fran I'd want a house like this I think:
YUM!

Alcatraz



We passed this place at Fisherman's Wharf that does all sorts of cool things with bread.




Grace Cathedral
JR found a more efficient way to get down the streets of San Francisco.
Cable Cars. Why don't more towns have these anyways? So much fun! Don't ask me why I love public transportation, I just do. I wish I could ride Subways and the like daily. And for the record, I love airports too!
China Town. We stopped and had some authentic Chinese food here for dinner. We opted out of the full duck with beak still attached.



SOOOOO GOOOOOD! Ghirardelli ice cream sundae. Man, a girl could get in some real trouble living by this place.
Movie at Union Square.
Ok so we went back to the Ghirardelli Ice Cream shop two hours later. We're not ashamed. Don't judge before you try it.


Looking back on all our pictures I sure wish I could go back next weekend too! Any other cool places in Cali anyone would like to recommend?

11 comments:

Heather said...

I would love to visit San Fran again.
It is a pretty cool place to be.
I would go and visit the redwood forest.
That is my dream anyway

Anonymous said...

San Fran is so fun. I loved going there.

Sunny said...

Oh that just sounds so much fun!!!! already can't wait to come visit you guys!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

I promise I wasn't giving you judging eyes and I would have gone back 2x too for more treats!! Hmmmm, I don't know where Lego Land is but I heard that place was fun!! See all the fun adventures you get to go on now living in Cali? I'm jeal!!

Nicole said...

I love San Francisco! The picture of JR rolling down the sidewalk is hysterical!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm a little jealous of all your fun. Isn't it great to move some new places so you can check out new things though?

Lindsey said...

I love San Fran! I have never seen that bread shop... "I'll have one alligator baguette. MMmmmmm... alligator baguette..."

I can't judge you for the sundae since I just bought a stack of gold bricks worth of cupcakes. I ate them all.

And you should either:
come to Valencia and go to Six Flags or go to Santa Monica. It's your choice. But you will choose Six Flags...

Kim's just sayin' said...

I love that place. the cable cars are just awesome. more cities should have them and the crazy people that come with them! :)

Merilee said...

Okay, now that you are asking for places top go, you need to take a couple days and go see the following. The Winchester Mansion is a must. Crazy old lady building stairs to nowhere... I hear they have a Halloween flashlight tour...do it! Second there is aJelly Belly factory not too far I don't think, look it up and go. But don't buy a huge bag of belly flops... it'll ruin jelly belly's forever! Good luck!

Jen said...

Oh Jen, my heart wants to go back to San Fran too.. I went years ago, but the pictures brought it all back for me. Mine was also a shortie, but memorable too. I also stood at that same wall and had my picture taken, took pictures of the bridge, at ice cream like a chubby middle-schooler, and had a shady hotel experience! Ahh, I want to go back!!! Let's go! (I'm not sure if Arthur would let us stay out until midnight though.. kids...)

Jen said...

Also, I don't know why I called you Jen because clearly you're Jenny. My sincerest apologies.