So far things have been good. Being so busy I haven't had time to sit and think about how we are 650 miles away from family and friends and won't be seeing them soon. Work has been good. Last week I did a lot of observing and such. It's a little overwhelming being the new gal but I'm hoping to jump right in and pick up with everyone else. My teammates seem very nice and my manager also seems pretty cool. I think I'm going to like it! The best part about work though is that there is NO TRAFFIC! You have no idea how happy this makes me.
JR starts work this week and will start school on the 24th so he's about to get super busy as well. He's excited to start school again because he is the type who really loves school. I just hope that once he starts all of that that we'll actually still see each other every now and again!
Fresno in general seems nice. Our apartment is very centrally located so we are close to just about everything we could ever need. The weather has been awesome! The nights are perfect here. I love that it actually cools down. We are trying to get used to the fact that there are medians on every street. Apparently Fresno hates left turns and loves U-turns. Kind of annoying but I suppose we won't even notice it soon enough.
It's pretty nice to finally be settling down and not having to plan and stress about a move and work. Our lives can go on as normal now! Phew, it's been a crazy ride. Now I just have to get caught up on my blogging. Yikes! I have a feeling that's going to take a good part of this evening. I wish I had some pictures but I really didn't take any of the move and even if I did our camera seems to be missing right now so hopefully that will turn up soon. I was able to take this of a local store down the street from us from my phone.
HAHAHAHH!! Who puts that on their store sign? See, Fresno is cool.



5 comments:
Yeah! I'm so glad you're there safe and getting settled. Sorry I couldn't talk to you the other night. Things were kind of crazy. I'm glad you're staying busy, and work is going good. I miss you already. I know we didn't see each other alot, but just the fact of knowing I can't see you whenever I want makes me sad. Hopefully the time will go by fast, and you'll be back before we know it. I love the store picture. That's clever. I love ya.
HA! That sign is awesome! I'm glad the trip went well! Good luck getting all settled!
I love that sign. I bet you are going to shop there. I mean come one you can't beat stupid prices.
I'm glad you feel that you can continue on with your life. Enjoy it!
Is that a fancy name for a Dollar Store? So lucky not to have the traffic down there and maybe you will also avoid the chomies now...
So glad the move is a smooth transition Jenny! Can't wait to hear more!
Post a Comment