JR and I are officially Arizona residents once again. It's been 2 days now and it still kind of feels like we are on vacation but I suppose it'll hit me that we aren't going back to Fresno soon enough. We are living with my sister for now while we look for an apartment. The apartment that was top on my list is apparently unavailable. I went to show it to JR today and there are no open units...ever. So, now we get to start from scratch. My main objectives at this point are to find a place to live and find a job. I think those are kind of important things to do. Hopefully both will fall into place very soon. For now we've been enjoying time with my family and hopefully wont wear out our welcome too quickly.
So as tribute to AZ here are some things that I've missed:
Being able to make left turns while driving
Not having to wait for the green arrow to turn at every single insignificant street in town
People who don't drive 5 miles under the speed limit
The awesome Monsoon storm on Saturday night as we were arriving in town (didn't even care that we had to unload some thing in the pouring rain. Or should I say that JR didn't mind as I watched from the covered patio)
Super Walmarts
Smooth freeways with many lanes
Costa Vida
Being able to just go over to my sisters house's whenever I darn well feel like it
On a side note I want the world to know that U-haul sucks. When JR went to pick up our truck they had no record of our reservation and since we were supposed to be packing up our truck that night and people were already waiting at our house to do so they took advantage of us and took us for all we were worth. Our original reservation was supposed to be $608 dollars and we ended up having to pay $824. Not cool. Not our fault you lost our reservation. So now I hate them. Other than that set back and the fact that we didn't go to sleep until 5 am because we were cleaning and got about 2 hours of sleep before our 8-10 hour drive, the whole thing went pretty smooth.
Monday, July 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I'm so glad you made it safe. Wish I was there to welcome you home. There will come a time when we both we'll be back living in az. Until then, we'll have to settle for visits when we're in town. Good luck on the job and house hunting.
How did it happen that right when you move back to Phx I end up in Kingman AZ??? :'( How sad and depressing!!! Uhaul isn't very nice, we had some issues with them too and they are so expensive!!! I'm starting to miss things about Phx too.
I hope you find a job soon Jenns!!
Glad you are back in AZ. CA was such a great adventure for you guys. I can't wait to see what this next chapter holds for you.
Yay! hope to see you real soon! (sorry, I deleted the previous comment, I didn't proof read, hah!)
Post a Comment