Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas

This year was a Christmas of a few firsts for me. First Christmas as a married woman, first Christmas away from my family, etc. We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day at JR's dad's house in Florence, AZ. It was a pretty quiet Christmas with just us and his dad and step mom, no kids. Kids really do add a whole dimension to Christmas don't they? 3 of JR's sisters and their kids came later Christmas day though so that was fun. On Christmas I think we slept in until after 10. Probably didn't open present until like noon. JR did such a good job with Christmas! First thing I pulled out of my stocking was a whole pineapple (he knows me too well). It was pretty funny. Then I was very pleased to open up a keyboard. I don't play the piano well but I do like to play and now I can whenever I want! I thought it was very thoughtful of him. I don't give JR a wish list of anything so he has to do all the work himself when picking out presents. I've already been able to put my keyboard to good use when I was able to play the hymns and a "special number" (requested by JR silly boy) for FHE on Monday! JR also got me the Children's songbook so I could actually learn the primary songs that I have been mumbling through for the past few months during singing time. To continue on the music theme he got me the movie Mama Mia. So good! JR got a variety of things. I think I went the more practical route with new jeans and socks, hats, CD, etc.




We left JR's dads on the 26th and headed to Central, AZ to spend time with his mom and the rest of his family down there. It was good to see everyone and we actually got some snow while we were there too! It was a very nice Christmas and as of yesterday my Christmas decorations are down and we have to officially wait another year for my favorite time of year to come around :(

3 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

YAY Primary songs!I'm glad to hear that someone else mumbles through them.

Sher said...

I don't give my hubby a wish list either. Looks like we both lucked out with guys that totally know how give us stuff we like and surprise us! ;) we still haven't met each others spouses yet! let's plan a date night!

Nikki and Edward Moure said...

You took down your Christmas decor? How sad... mine staying up till St. Patrick's Day. :) Or at least till Eddie makes me take them down.