Friday, January 23, 2009
Happenings
Do you ever feel so busy but at the same time feel like you don't ever get anything done? This is how I feel these days. There are many things that I need to be doing but for some reason just don't happen. I think I've found the problem though, JR and I play to much. We really do. Out of 7 days last week we spent 6 nights with friends. I love that we can do that because once kids come I'm sure it wont be that way but what about our goal of going to the gym 3 nights a week? Did that happen last week? Not once! And what about my shower that has been needing cleaning for the past 2 weeks? Or what about going to the temple? I'm happy to say that the shower was cleaned last night and we are going to the temple tonight but it's things like this that keep getting pushed off. We really do love playing. Monday we had so much fun going on a picnic with a couple of our friends. It is has been perfect weather here the past couple weeks and since the picnic I have been wanting to spend all my time outside. That hasn't happened either. With my window seat at work though I at least get to see what a beautiful day it is outside so I've got that going for me. Time seems to be passing pretty fast for us though with everything going on. We've got our one year anniversary coming up in March and then before we know it we'll be moving to who knows where. The latest school by the way is California State University in Fresno. I've already been googling Fresno like crazy. Apparently it's pretty central to just about everything. If you've got 2 hours and gas in your car the possibilities are pretty vast. This could make for some pretty awesome weekend trips to destinations such as San Fransisco, Las Vegas, and most importantly the beach! I'm liking the idea of living in California but I'm just a little afraid of the cost of living I keep hearing about there. Guess we'll be deciding in a couple months if we'll be moving to Fresno.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
my brother Adam served his mission in Fresno and really loved it!
I found your blog! How fun! It looks like you are doing great, and that makes me happy :)
Jenny play away! I think it's great that you guys don't let life get so busy that you don't have time to play. Because I think it would be better to see that time has passed quickly and you look back and realize all the fun you had along the way rather than have time pass quickly and just realize you were working the whole time. And what's that saying they always say - life's not just about the destination, it's about the journey too? Or something like that.
Anyway, how exciting about Fresno. Palo Alto is one of our options so we really won't be that far away if we end up moving there too. When do you think you guys will be moving? We also have friends in Fresno so that would be cool if you were in their ward.
That is so PERFECT because July is when our lease is up and when we would have to move too! It's just gonna be tough because the baby is due July 27 so I really don't think I'll want to move cross country with a few day old baby but it really depends on when and where Brenden finds a job. I will be so excited though if we move to Cali around the same time. We would love to hang out with you guys!!
1 vote for Arizona!!!! But I guess if you HAVE to move to Fresno, we'll just HAVE to come visit :)
So I googled Fresno and it's only like 2 hours away from our house... It's not that bad... And the cost of living may be a little higher here but people are paid more so it kind of evens out.
When will you know?
I have a Brother in law that went to that school. If you want any info I can give you my sister's number. I am sure she could tell you just about everything you want to know about the area.
Hey that is awesome to move to Cali. I would love to live in California. So are you guys for sure moving away from Az in march? that is kinda sad, we just got to know you guys.
I would say, avoid Cali if you can. Cost of living is crazy and student loans are killers, even when you are finally making post-school money (trust me, we are paying them back right now and I don't think Denver's cost of living comes close to Cali). But, good luck with figuring it all out. I'm sure if you do move to Cali it will be super fun, you will just be poor for longer afterwards:)
I lived there for a year...you are right it is 2 hours from everything. You would probably love it!! There is so much to do and the beach there is beautiful!!! Fresno is the crime capitol LOL, but it just depends where you live. I loved in Clovis actually...its like the the difference of Gilbert and Mesa. let me know if you have any questions! I'm glad your doing so well!!
Post a Comment