Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thanks Mom!

Introducing our new beauty.....
My mom approached me 2 Saturdays ago at a family function telling me that after 30+ years they were getting a new piano and since all my other siblings already have pianos, would I want to inherit their old one. Let me think, we live in a 750 sq ft. one bedroom apartment on the second floor with neighbors who will eternally hate us and will be moving again in 4-5 months....of course, bring on the piano!!! So this past Saturday JR and I took a nice little drive to Prescott where amazingly enough my brother and him were able to load it into the back of our little truck, turn right back around and drive back to Phoenix. It was the shortest trip home I will probably ever make. Thanks to the poor souls who ended up having help us unload and carry it across the courtyard and up the 19 steps to our apartment. We love our new piano even if it does take up the last bit of wall we have in our bedroom and doesn't have a piano bench.
Now I just have to figure out how to play the piano. Just kidding, I play...sort of.

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Wow it looks like it make a great tv stand.

Terina said...

That's awesome!! Every home needs a piano!!!

Amanda Knight said...

Thanks Mom! Thanks for Joshua Rabbit!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Jenns, you need to give yourself more credit and say that YOU CAN BE PENELOPE PIANO PLAYER!!!! You shouldn't hide your talent...I've seen you volunteer many times to play at church...

Heather said...

good for you! I'm glad you have one to call your own