This week I had a phone interview with a manager at a University of Phoenix campus in Fresno. I've been an enrollment counselor with UOP for 4 1/2 years now and unfortunately there are not openings in enrollment so I put my resume in for a corporate liaison position. Basically corporate liaisons spend their time calling mostly businesses trying to get in to give presentations to their employees in order to generate leads to send to enrollment counselors. This would be a bit different than what I'm used to. I'm definitely not used to working with students face to face much less getting together with them in a group and having to present things to them. The manager said I would be traveling within about a 30-40 mile radius and would even have to do some meetings in Sacramento or Phoenix at times. That would be cool to come home to Phoenix on UOP's bill.
Anyways, the interview went well and for the past 2 days I've been trying to answer these interview questions that were sent out to me. I forgot how much I don't like talking about myself and trying to sell my greatness.
I'm really not sure how to feel about this job because if I were to get it they would want me starting mid May. Can anyone comprehend what that means? That means I'd have to pack up my house and my life in like 2 weeks and move to a place I've never even been to and try to find a new place to live. What I do know is that I'm not mentally prepared to move yet. All this time I've had it in my mind that we would move end of July and I'd have plenty of time to wean myself from family and friends. The thought of May really overwhelms me. I'll take the job though if it's offered to me and make it work. Yikes!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Ohhh Ohhh! Let me know if you travel to Sacramento! I'll come see you!
Holy cow that's crazy. I hope you get the job, but I know what you mean about moving short notice. I hope it works out for the best. I'm gonna miss my Jenny so much:(
What THE?! This is not part of the deal! I wished you luck with that interview, but had no idea it would cause you leave us so early... Hmmm... Im torn now! I guess I should be a good friend and say, I hope you get it. But you have no idea how big a part of me just wants you to stay here forever and ever. We love you guys!!
I don't want you to move period. but I do want you to be happy. I hope you get whatever job will work best for you. Is that open ended enough?
Holy crap that is coming by so soon.
I'm sure you will get the job because you are so wonderful. But I will miss you greatly.
Best of luck
Wow that is a lot to take in! I'm sure it will all work out!
Wow! That would be nice to get the job thing out of the way though.
I can't wait to hear Jenny! You will do great! If there is anyone I know who is good at being adventurous and trying new things, it's you. So I think you will do great at the new job, you'll handle the move (although it may be hard) and you'll be proud of yourself in the end. Keep me posted! (Or I'll keep myself posted by reading your blog! :)).
Post a Comment