You'll have to bear with me a little bit, as this is my first time posting on our blog. Jenny has been trying to get me to take a little more of an active role in our blog but I wasn't having it...until today! While I may not have the literary finesse that my wife seems to have in all of her posts, I'll do my best to represent her well! :)
We do have a big announcement, people! First of all, before your minds run off in a direction it's not supposed to, I want to clarify one thing right now: we are not pregnant (we seem to get that question alot when sharing exciting news). Anyways, you've read many entries about graduate school and our potential to go...well, just about anywhere. Over the last 2 years, I've looked through and re-evaluated approximately 86 graduate programs all over the world (that number surprised me too when my curiosity got me to sit down and figure it out). We had many options spanning western, mid-western, and eastern US; there were quite a few in Canada and western Europe; and, outside of the US, Australia had the most of all foreign countries, holding strong with about 10 programs. I exhausted MANY hours looking through curriculae, post-graduate job placement, professor research interests, internship availability, and speaking with program coordinators. And here we are at the end of such a tedious and seemingly endless journey. So, without further adieu...WE'RE GOING TO FRESNO! We got word of my acceptance yesterday and we were very excited! As you've heard about before, the school is California State University in Fresno. Some of you may recognize them as last year's champions, and cinderella story, in NCAA Division 1 baseball, defeating Georgia in game 3 of the series 6-1. Check out the story for yourself: http://www.gobulldogs.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/062508aac.html No one expected that at all!
In light of this, we will be making the big move to Fresno in either late July or very early August, since the semester starts in the last week of August. It's going to be a busy time for us. I really hope I can get back into the school routine, especially since I graduated from ASU almost a year and a half ago. Yikes! Time really flies.
We do have a big announcement, people! First of all, before your minds run off in a direction it's not supposed to, I want to clarify one thing right now: we are not pregnant (we seem to get that question alot when sharing exciting news). Anyways, you've read many entries about graduate school and our potential to go...well, just about anywhere. Over the last 2 years, I've looked through and re-evaluated approximately 86 graduate programs all over the world (that number surprised me too when my curiosity got me to sit down and figure it out). We had many options spanning western, mid-western, and eastern US; there were quite a few in Canada and western Europe; and, outside of the US, Australia had the most of all foreign countries, holding strong with about 10 programs. I exhausted MANY hours looking through curriculae, post-graduate job placement, professor research interests, internship availability, and speaking with program coordinators. And here we are at the end of such a tedious and seemingly endless journey. So, without further adieu...WE'RE GOING TO FRESNO! We got word of my acceptance yesterday and we were very excited! As you've heard about before, the school is California State University in Fresno. Some of you may recognize them as last year's champions, and cinderella story, in NCAA Division 1 baseball, defeating Georgia in game 3 of the series 6-1. Check out the story for yourself: http://www.gobulldogs.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/062508aac.html No one expected that at all!
In light of this, we will be making the big move to Fresno in either late July or very early August, since the semester starts in the last week of August. It's going to be a busy time for us. I really hope I can get back into the school routine, especially since I graduated from ASU almost a year and a half ago. Yikes! Time really flies.



7 comments:
Congrats on the decision (and the great post!) That will be such a great adventure and Fresno is so close to so many cool places!
Wow! That is so exciting. Congratulations J.R.! Although I'm sad my Jenny is leaving me.....I'm excited that you both have this opportunity. Good luck.
HOLY COW. Congrats guys! So happy for you. But SOO SAD you're leaving us. You really are our fav couple. :( We'll be sad, but we know this isnt goodbye. Please let us know what we can do to help make the move easier for you. And we'll have to have another S.O. before then. Muuuuah! XOXOXO
yay!!! Congrats guys! What exciting news- that is fantastic. Here's to a new adventure in your lives!
crazy!! congrats!
you guys will have fun. moving away was the best thing we did.
I am so excited for you guys!!!! sad that you guys are leaving, do expect us to visit! because we will!
Well my mind had already wandered to the baby thing so thanks for clarifying...Congratulations on grad school JR! I'm sure you guys are super excited! I'm sure you will have tons of fun in California.
Post a Comment