Thursday, April 30, 2009

McDonald's is all sorts of messed up

I don't know if many of you know this but JR loves McDonald's. He does, he really does. That's beside the point. While on our anniversary trip (and yes I know that was forever ago but I'd been meaning to share this little funny story for awhile and just forgot) we needed some ice to put in our cooler and decided that McDonald's was the place for that since they have pretty cheap ice. So we drive around until we see a McDonald's and pull into the drive through. We ask the guy on the other end of the speaker for some ice. He claimed that McDonald's does not sell ice. We asked him if he was sure to which he decided to get a second opinion I guess cause he took a while to respond. He finally came back on and said "that'll be $2.69 please pull through" So we pull up to the window and are sitting there for awhile wondering why grabbing bags of ice is taking so long. The guy finally comes to the window and hands us these:

Did this guy really just go in the back and fill up to go bags with ice? Yep, he sure did. I still wonder if he just pocketed that $2.69 thinking he was so clever. Kinda ghetto but it worked for our purposes so I guess we can't complain. I just thought it was so funny. Maybe that guy should get employee of the year for being innovative. I'll probably call McDonald's later and nominate him....

7 comments:

Heather said...

ha ha that's great. Pretty ghetto but hilarious.
You always have funny/interesting stories to share

Heather said...

Hey you wanna post those Mexico pictures you found.
that would be great

Sunny Biggs said...

that is so funny. what a smart guy! way to go.

Ginger said...

I would love to hear his thought process to get the money. He was so clever to add the 69 cents so it sound like there is tax added on.

Terina said...

Ha! That is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Man, I wish that would have happened to me. That is awesome. Pretty sure that is one to laugh about for a long time.
But you are right...they are supposed to have cheap bags of ice!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

I would like to give the employee a personal shout out as well!! OMG, that's ridiculous!! I buy ice there all the time and it comes in a normal ice bag!! I didn't know Mc Dee's was JR's fav!! Tell him I said it like that...ha ha!!