Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Science is cool

Last Friday we went on a double date with our friends Ryan and Sunny to the Arizona Science Center. For those of you looking for a cheap, fun date I would recommend it. Every first Friday of the month you get free admission into the Science Center. You won't get to go to any of the special features or the IMAX but we kept ourselves entertained just fine without those. I wasn't sure what to expect and thought it might end up being kind of boring but it was actually a lot of fun. They have interactive exhibits set up where you get to go and play with a lot of the stuff. My favorite was probably the Digital exhibit. You get to learn about all sorts of things in a fun way. And there is my plug for the Arizona Science Center. Call me a nerd now...whatever!


Below is a picture of what mine and JR's child will look like. This was an exhibit about how passed on gene's can give different characterisitcs to future generations. The outcome was not very pretty though. Our poor children!

This was me and my friend Sunny together.


Next we've got wheelchair races. Despite that very determine look on my face JR still beat me. Guess he was a little more determined.





Learning about surgery on the human body.



The next pictures were in the digital room. I think we could have been on like an I-pod commercial or something.



I think I could have played with these next couple exhibits all night. So hilarious! Some times I want to buy a MAC computer just so I could do stuff like this.




Ashley Samantha, I made that apron with the kitten on it just for you!
And then I made myself dance. I'm pretty awesome.




Science and non-science enthusiasts alike, I'm telling you-first Friday of the month!

Oh and we went and saw Wolverine afterwards...very good. Also recommended. Ghost of Girlfriends Past...not so much.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha...we have done that too. I love the first Fridays.
There is a science museum in Philly that is almost the same. It's called The Franklin after Benjamin Franklin. It was cool. It had a lot of the same exhibits that are in your pics.
Yes, Wolverine was good. WE saw that on Monday. But I am sad to hear that "Ghosts..." is not good. Why not?

Terina said...

Brent and I have been there too. It was cool, but I can't wait to take kids there! I just kept thinking how much I would have LOVED it as a kid!!! How you do you know Ryan and SunnY???

teamBoo said...

oooh. good tip. I'm all about the free. And all about getting out of this house!

i love how much fun you guys have together...i miss you...and your nerdiness ;)

Sunny Biggs said...

Oh dang it you posted yours before I did. We been either busy or lazy that I just did not get to post. That was so much fun! I think Ryan and I are going back next month.

Travis and Britni said...

How fun. I didn't know they did a free night. Thanks for the tip. You guys are so funny. I'm glad you took lots of pics

Sara said...

Looks like a lot of fun! If we were there we would totally go... ;-)

Heather said...

how fun. Me and Brett went to the science center for our very first date in High school. We did the mirror image thing but never thought we come together one day and actually produce a child of our own. Good memories there

Nicole said...

Love the Science Center! We had a membership and used to take our boys there all the time. Lots of great memories! The science center here is not so much fun. Looks like you had a blast!