JR and I had a really good time in Prescott this weekend spending time with my parents. We hadn't been home since we got married and it was a little weird to tell you the truth. I think my dad thought it was a little weird too. Just not used to sharing a bedroom with a boy in my parents house. Who would have guessed that that would be OK some day? Friday night JR was able to go out with my brother to his Brazilian jiu-jitsu class. JR loves loves loves to wrestle but has never done the jiu-jitsu thing. He came home so beat up. Seriously, he walked in the door limping with mat burns on his face and a bum elbow. The weirdest part about it is that he loved being that way because it meant he got to go romp with as he would put it "da boyz". I personally don't get why anyone would put themselves through that but if that's what makes him happy then whatever! Saturday I was able to meet up with one of my best friends from high school and she got to meet JR for the first time. It's so good to see old friends. She already has 3 little girls. Crazy! I hear from a good source that she is super mom. I believe it! Then we went out that night to go see Indian Jones. I'm still not sure how I felt about the alien theme. Most was good but I just can't get into aliens. We had a fairly disappointing dinner at IHOP after that.
It was so nice to be home. I really like Prescott. I recommend it for a nice weekend visit. It's not the most exciting of towns but I think it's a really pretty part of Arizona. JR doesn't think it's pretty but he also admitted to willingly eating ants too! If you are going to visit, now is the perfect time of year. The weather is perfect right now. There are many out side things to do as well if you are in to that sort of thing. I am still amazed at how much Prescott has grown since I left. Every time I go home there seems to be a new store or 5. Here are some shots of beautiful Prescott AZ.




These pictures make it seems like a really small town but in reality Prescott is getting pretty big. That's what I like about it, it finally has the new stuff like the major restaurant chains and movie theatres and malls etc but it still has a smaller town feel to it with a lot of charm. The downtown area is actually pretty neat.
I didn't really want to leave but work was knocking at my door. It was nice to be back though, sometimes it's just good to be surrounded by familiar things ya know?
5 comments:
Welcome back to the valley! Derek was so sad that you werent at church. How funny is it that we are always getting out of the car when you guys are driving by?! Love it! And I Love the sleep talking post below. We'll have to tell you our fun stories of sleep talking. Bahaha! Come over anytime! Im lonley now that Derek is back in school and work :(
i finally got to drive around prescott, we went there with my in-laws. We didn't get to check out stores or walk alot though, hopefully next time. It really is an adorable city! i'm so happy you found my blog! and that you have one! how did you do your layout? thanks for the compliment on my art dandelion project! xo!
I think it's always nice to visit Prescott, it is very pretty! Brent it like JR he doesn't quite get it. :) Who is the good friend from High School? Oh and we live in Mesa too.
sounds like fun. I haven't had the chance to spend the night at my parents house with Brett. I do think it will be a little weird though. good for you for getting your wisdom teeth pulled. I'm sure that wasn't too much fun.
And we were glad to have you! It was great seeing you in church. You know I glanced at you and your hubby during Sunday School and thought of what a cute couple you both make. It actually made me miss my hubby. :o( But I look forward to the Sunday he can sit by me again. Well, we must keep in touch! Love you, Mer :o)
Post a Comment