Friday, October 17, 2008
A scam I tell you...or maybe I'm just ignorant
This past week I got really excited because a friend told me about how Fry's is doing triple coupons right now and is matching competitors coupons as well. Sadly, I don't think I've ever used a coupon but I decided that I need to start being more thrifty and industrious and figured this was a good week to start. I knew JR would be really proud because he is already thrify and has tried to pass that on to me so I was so excited to share with him my great idea. So I gathered a bunch of coupons from sights online and was all ready to go into Fry's and spend like 20 bucks on loads of groceries....not exactly. I loaded up my cart and headed to the check out. The cashier pulls out my first coupon which just happened to be a buy $30 worth of groceries and get $6 off coupon from Fresh n' Easy. Sweet! Well the cashier looks smugly at it and then at me and gave this little hmf noise and an "ohhhhkkkay". Whatever that was about. Anyways, she rings everything up and gives me the total...$102.43?!!! Excuse me? I did my research and I would like you do reduce my bill down to $20 please, is what I'm thinking. I then ask her about the triple coupon thing and she gave me a little laugh as if to say "you are retarded" and then says in a somewhat rude manner "Sweetie, we only triple them on coupons that are $.33 or less" Well, that's news to me and since almost all of my coupons were for over 50 cents I didn't really reap the benefits of triple coupons at all. I really wanted to tell her to take everything back. I didn't though and just decided I would chalk it up to a learning experience. Needless to say, JR is returning a few of those things today, I can get them much cheaper at Wal-Mart even without coupons. Gosh, I was so disappointed, I went in there so proud of myself and came out with a bunch of stuff that we probably could have done without and $100 dollars poorer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
OH my GOSH that makes me furious! Was it really necessary for that lady to be so freaking rude? Oh and like we're all coupon experts and we're all supposed to know the triple coupon rules? I would have said something to her about false advertising. I can't BELIEVE that! Where has customer service gone these days?
On a side note....I did go to Wal-Mart just to pick up milk and saw that it was like $3.00 a gallon. But then when I went up to the register the lady only charged me $1.88 a gallon and said "we went ahead and did a competitor match for you." just like that! I didn't even have to say anything (which I wouldn't have anyway because I didn't know that someone else was only charging $1.88 for milk). That Fry's lady needs to take an example from this Wal-Mart lady. I'm just not sure I'm going to be able to get over this today. That makes me so mad!!
awe...at least you tried. See I don't use coupons too often either, but I do shop at Fry's consistently. I don't shop at Walmart, they don't have all the brands I like. But it is true we should all become thrifty.
You should have karate chopped her. Rude people deserve the fury of martial arts from an unsuspected source. Then you could have been like, "So, you laugh at my triple coupons?? Well, I laugh at you!" You also could have used a samurai sword. That would have been sweet.
Post a Comment