Monday, October 27, 2008

Since I'm sure you're all dying to know

JR is done with the GRE. As he puts it, he did better than he had been doing on the practice tests, not as well as he wanted, but good enough to get into grad school! We are just so happy that he won't have to take it again! Hooray for no more studying for the stupid GRE. Now he just has to get his purpose statement and his 3 letters of reference and he can actually start applying.. The list is of schools is down to 9 now!
Here is a little something that I put together for JR before he got home from the test.

In other news, we dog sat this weekend. Let's just say I don't think we're ready for a dog. The word from the owners was that he would be really good. I think he was really out of his element though cause he was doing all sorts of things that he was trained not to do. There was a bit of howling, a lot of chewing, and a couple of poops that were not so pleasant. He did have a cone on his head though so that was pretty entertaining. He actually broke his cone the first night in a moment of extreme spastic wonder as he ran into the couch a couple times. How did we cope? Same way you cope with many broken things, we duct taped it! And not just any duct tape, it was red. I'm sure they were wondering what in the world we did to their dog when they got home last night. Don't worry about it, we just turned him in to white trash. Meet Toby

6 comments:

Nikki and Edward Moure said...

I'm glad JR did well on the test. I figured he would. Oh, and don't couples get ready for having kids by first taking care of a plant and then moving up to a dog? :) There's your problem...j/k! I mean, c'mon... They let me have a kid and I hate dogs and couldn't keep a plant alive to save my life!

The Payne family said...

Well that makes me feel better. Not being ready for a dog did make us wonder if we are going to be ready for a kid. Then we realized that that was crazy and that kids are actually not like dogs at all. Perhaps we will try the plant thing though cause I bet kids are more like plants. Ha!

Terina said...

Yeah for JR!!! That's so wonderful and I loved your "burning of the books" Great! And Toby is too cute!!!!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Will you PUH-LEESE come to my house and make me a fake fire? I love it, so super cute! It made me laugh..at first I didn't know what it was but then I finally figured it out. Give JR a hug for me, that's great he passed!

Nicole said...

I love the GRE books in the fireplace... I'm sure you were just as eager to burn them as he was! Congrats to JR for doing well! Oh and I love the Halloween costumes! I don't know that I would have gotten it had you not explained it... I just thought you were a couple of criples... but the name makes it all the better!!

Heather said...

I love the way you word things. Poor dog.

Good for JR for passing his test. Yeah!!!