Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Some of my favorite times

I decided this weekend that some of my favorite times include hanging out with my family at my parent's house. There is just something so comforting about going home and just sitting on the front porch watching the nieces and nephews play in the front yard. The animals are running in and out and the neighbors pass by and wave and it's just familiar and the company is fantastic! This past weekend was so great. JR and I were able to go to Prescott for the last time before we move. The weather was superb and Prescott does a lot of activities for the 4th of July. My family has some traditions that I look forward to every year. We watch the parade together, walk around the courthouse square and see all the ridiculous things people sell at their booths, get fry bread, and then go home and make home made ice cream and watch the fireworks. We didn't get fry bread this year because of the threatening rain clouds that had drenched us the day before and imprisoned us under an overhang for about 20 minutes before we decided to make a run for it to our car. We even got to go to my Grandma's talent show at her senior living facility. Good stuff. Nothing better than 80 and 90 year olds singing their little hearts out. My grandma sure does have a lot of character with her tasseled shirt, top hat, and tambourine! Entertainment at it's best right there people! I'm going to miss not being able to go home for weekend visits. To whoever in my family actually reads my blog, you guys are so awesome! Thank you for all the memories.
Annual Kiddie Parade:

Yes, sometimes people have goats on the 4th of July:

One of those funny booths where people sell their crafts. When my mom asked this guy if he tranquilized his dogs to get them to sit there like that he got very defensive. Kind of suspicious. His retort was that his dogs are just happy to be their with their daddy.

Stuck in the rain, although you can't really tell from the picture.

My brother Chris winning the Boot Race for the 2nd year in a row.


Our entertainment. My grandma is in the middle. Such stage presence! She also directed the choir. Yeah...she's that good!


JR up to no good as always. I came down the stairs to find this:

Notice the intensity of his face in this one. No messing around here, it's all personal and there will be blood.

Good times, good times!

3 comments:

Travis and Britni said...

How fun. I bet your nieces and nephews love having JR around. Sounds like you guys had fun. Sorry your interview did not go so well, but congrats on the apartment. Things will work out. I'm gonna miss you.

Heather said...

I was totally there two years ago and saw that famous boot race. I love prescott and all it festivities

Terina said...

I love Prescott for the 4th! It's great! Your grandma sounds great!!! LOL