With ages ranging from 1 to 7 years old we had our hands full. We worried the most about the baby because she's the type who hates everyone but her mom and all you can get from her our hateful glares. She was surprisingly good though. They all were. Our rocky moment happened the first night when the oldest came out of her room at about 10:30 and informed JR that she had thrown up in her bed. Beautiful! We were a little scared that the girls were all going to come down with the stomach flu when I called my sister earlier that day and was informed that she had been throwing up ever since she got off the plane in Vegas. It is with great pleasure that I report that my husband is the coolest man alive and took the initiative to clean up the bed without any whining or begging from me. I didn't have to use my high voice once! What a champ! She had thrown up twice in her bed before she told us and after that she was fine...thank goodness!
Saturday morning we took the girls to my other sisters house where they played all day while we worked in the baptistry. That was a pretty easy day. Sunday was not as easy. We decided that we would take them to our church with us so we wouldn't have to find subs for our Sunday school classes. Can I just say that getting 4 little girls ready and the house cleaned is really hectic? I have so much respect for my sister. Wow, kids are tiring! We knew they were going to be work but wow! There really is a reason why most people start with one kid and eventually add on. Anyways, miraculously we made it to church on time. We can't even do that when it's just the 2 of us...and yes we have 1 o'clock church.
I ended up having to take the baby in to Primary with me. She actually did pretty good and the other little kids loved her! My Sunbeam class almost doubled with her and my other niece in there. My favorite part of church was when I was sitting in opening exercises for primary with the baby on my lap when I suddenly starting feeling very wet. I lift her up to find that her diaper apparently needed to be changed awhile ago because I had a big round wet spot on my skirt. Gotta love being covered in pee! After church we had dinner at our apartment while JR did home teaching and then dropped them off with another aunt and uncle after that to pick up their parents at the airport. It was definitely an out of the ordinary weekend. Many people have been asking me if it made me want to have kids any sooner...nope, sure didn't. But it didn't turn me off from kids either. Our plans will remain the same!
Now this is what I like to see from the back seat! We got all 4 knocked out within 10 minutes! Are we good or what?!

Sweet hair Kaitlee, you must have a pretty awesome Aunt to make sure your hair looks so stylish all the time.
"Talk on the phone" was a favorite of the weekend. Plenty of entertainment can come from talking into a dead phone to pretend people.
Oh how cute, sisters! Please don't throw in that crib...



6 comments:
You are so good to have done that!! Wow, I can't imagine doing all of the hair for church! It is so much fun to play silly games with little kids.
I am amazed, 4 girls to get ready for church. I have one and yes we are late alot. Job well done.
Wow, sounds like those girls kept you on your feet. Just have babies already :) haha, jk! We sure love you guys and miss ya tons. Lets see you soon, ok?!
I used to live with my brother and sister-in-law as their "nanny" and some days I would look around and there would be 8 kids running around before I even knew what had happened! Suddenly, every niece or nephew I ever had, or any cousin they had, would find their way over for the day. My sister-in-law used to get up about 2 hours before anyone else in the house to get her kids' clothes ready for church. Aren't you just so excited to be a mom someday??? Me too!!! :)
sounds like fun
That's funny. I can say, you definitely got a taste of motherhood, but you did luck out with the hubby cleaning up the throw up. Josh doesn't even dare or I might have to clean up his too. What a wimp!
Post a Comment