Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sleep Overs

What a great long weekend! We pretty much got to play with friends all weekend long. We even had a sleepover. Friday night was a stay in night but Saturday was when the party began. We spent a good chunk of our weekend with our friends the Carpenters. You guys are awesome! We hung out Saturday morning while the husbands helped a lady in our complex move. We broke for a small break while we both ran errands and then met up again for dinner at the Elephant bar where I was forced to try Calamari for the first time. I have to admit, it was not bad but the thought of eating squid still kind of freaks me out. The Carpenter/Payne tradition has become Wii nights. The men will let us play for a bit to try to appease us but when it comes right down to it they end up as partners on this one particular tank game. Many a night have we watched them play this game. They started joking about having a sleep over so that they could stay up till all hours trying to beat this game. We soon realized that their joking about it was turning serious and decided we would give a sleep over a try. We were not disappointed! Sunday night we headed over to the Carpenters house with a bag full of goodies and games. Once we got some brownies in the oven we began our night o' fun. The festivities started with Family Feud. We lost. I still think that game had some trick questions...or maybe we were just thinking to much into the questions. For example, one question asked which fruits were not commonly used in juice. At first I thought banana but then we started thinking about how many juices have banana in them so we left it off. What was at the top of the list? Banana. Oh yeah Family Feud? Then why did I just drink Banana Strawberry Orange juice the other day? Next in line was Pass the Pigs. A favorite amongst my family. I didn't get a single point. Lady Luck was not on my side that night. Amazingly I tied for last. Pass the Pigs was followed by Cranium. We lost again. Not a good night for the Payne family. We'll get you Carpenters, just you wait! By this point it was already 1:30 am. We figured it was time for the boys to get on with the Tank game. Kellyn and I played an extremely spastic card game for awhile that I can't remember the name of but it did included hitting ourselves continually. This was hilarious at 1:30 in the morning. Good laughs were had. Eventually I feel asleep on the couch and was awakened at about 4:30 am by shouts of victory as the boys had finally concurred the Tank game. Well done! It was definitely time for bed by that point. JR and I shared the couch which was a bit uncomfortable at times with my arm squished between our bodies. The morning brought pancakes and waffles. May I suggest chocolate chip pancakes with peanut butter and syrup? A delightful combination. We played one more card game for kicks and were on our way.
Monday we had a BBQ planned with friends in Glendale. Hamblins, you guys are awesome too! You just can't go wrong with a Labor Day BBQ with good company. And just remember Britni, I kicked your trash in Pit! JK, love you!
And there you have it, we have amazing friends. I think it's about time for another 3 day weekend.

4 comments:

Derek & Kellyn said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Who are these carpenter folks? They sound like the best couple ever!!! Bahaha! We had such a good time with you guys. Thanks for coming over and bringing brownies. YUM! Nothing like a pound of chocolate at 11 o'clock at night. Is it too soon to want to have another slumber party with the Paynes?

Sher said...

yuck! i'm scared of squid and pretty much ALL seafood. I don't think i'd even dare try that! kudos for tryin! Thanks for the sweet comment. Seriously, we're still both in shock..it seriously hasn't sunk in yet! it's crazy! hope to see you soon! maybe meet up and do a session at the temple and have dinner after perhaps!

Heather said...

Man that sounds like fun. I swear I do nothing fun anymore. Yes it's time for another 3 day weekend.

Anonymous said...

You like pass the pigs? I am so glad to hear it! No one that we have talked to has even heard of it, and we absolutely love it! There's nothin' like counting points while rolling two little rubber pigs around...