Friday, April 18, 2008

A New Schedule

Since we have been married JR and I have been able to enjoy spending a lot of time together because JR has been going through the very tedious labor of looking for a new job. This has not been very much fun for him because he had to turn in to a house husband for awhile. While I am very thankful for this, he, I think, has been bored out of his mind. He finally had the great blessing to have been offered a position at Family and Child Support Services. He will be starting there a week from Monday and will be working with troubled children teaching them positive behavior. He will also work with parents to teach them better parenting skills. The company that he will work for is apparently big on being positive so JR will not be able to tell the children "no" or discipline them. Instead he has to redirect the behavior to something positive. At least this is how I understand it. We are excited for him to be able to get a job that is related to his degree and hope that it will start building his experience for when he is done with grad school. The unfortunate part of this story is that he will be working evenings and Saturdays making our time together a little less ideal. I will be sad to have him gone when I get home from work but know we have been blessed with this opportunity. We have a friend who works there and she has told us some stories. My favorite is the kid she works with who throws things out of her car windows like her jacket and other items. He is also known as "a runner" meaning if you are not careful he will just take off running. Apparently he also hits things like other people's cars and what not. Amazing! JR should have his hands full! We hope that his job will go like this:

And not this:



The next step for JR is grad school which he is still looking in to. He wants to get into a Sports Psychology program and hopefully start around fall time. His number one school at this point is John F. Kennedy University which is in the bay area of California. I'm pretty sure if I lived over there this is one of the first places I would go:

For those of you who don't know why, you should watch more T.V.

2 comments:

Heather said...

welcome to the blog world. I am now going to be entertained with your life.

Brooke said...

Hey, speaking of everyone's favorite tv family. Bob Saget was going to come to Ann Arbor. I begged and begged Scott to get me tickets, but to no avail...