Sunday, July 27, 2008

Goodbye years of dedication

For the past, I don't know, 10 years or so I have been attempting to grow long hair. Well, after 5 years of my hair never getting past one length I decided it was time to go ahead and try something different. I've been very stubborn about wanting long hair but I've come to the realization that my hair just doesn't grow and never will. And even if it did, it's so thin that it was already stringy even though I never reached my desired hair length.
FYI, the following blog information is not a shrine to Lauren Conrad, I'm not obsessed with her and didn't even know who she was until about a week ago when I started to look for hairstyles. Here is what I would like my hair to look like in if I had my way:
My hair probably looked more like this only a bit shorter, sadly:

Gross. Gross enough to decide to go ahead and give up my dream and chop it off. I found the following picture and decided I would like a hair cut like this:
I took the picture in to the hair place and what I got was this:
Not exactly right on and actually a bit shorter than I was prepared for, and I still don't know how I feel about it and at times miss my long hair but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Hope I don't look to much like a mom now. I sure as heck don't look like Lauren Conrad!

11 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Jenny I think it looks great! It really looks sophisticated...not in a mom way. Just in an cute, stylish way. And I totally know how you feel. I am determined to have my hair long but mine just stopped growing too. I swear it doesn't want to get any longer than it already is - and I'm totally feeling your thin hair woe. I try to tease it to give it more body but I have a feeling that if I keep doing that it will just fall out and then I won't have ANY hair to worry about. I want to cut mine a little shorter but I'm afraid Brenden would cry even more than I would. I don't know how much longer I can hold out though....espeically when I see how cute it looks :).

Angela said...

I think its super cute! You look great!

Terina said...

I think it looks way cute!

Andrea and Blake said...

looks cute, don't worry I've never seen a cut turn out "just" like the photo brought in! Hope you are doing great... Happy Styling

Anonymous said...

I love it, you look better than Lauren!

Kim's just sayin' said...

I think it's pretty close to the pic. looks really cute. I have long hair but sometimes I really wish I could pull off short hair.

Anonymous said...

you look cute jenns! I like it!

Heather said...

I love it. I chopped my hair off a couple months ago and I love having short hair as well. I plan on going even shorter here soon. You look hot with short hair.

Ashley Mackay said...

Jens! I love it! I love your hair cut! You look so cute. But really, when did Jenny Lyn Lange Ping Pong Payne not look cute. Never in the history of the world. I've been kind of behind on my blog reading. You have a real great blog. I'm glad. I stayed up way too late reading it.

Ashley Mackay said...

p.s. My mom was asking me this weekend about the origin of the name "Samantha." It came from Jenny. And somehow stuck. I've had that name for like 7 years. Good job Jens. Even my brother calls me Ashley Samantha.

Amy Ras said...

Jens, you are a babe and always will be! But what's wrong with looking like a mom? Hee. Hee. I wish my hair was as pretty as yours!